My Space

My Space
Inside my little tent

Starting Week 4!

I really can't believe it has been 3 weeks and this is starting the 4th. I've learned several important things so far and I'm sure more to come. (New Photos this week)
But first let me update you on last week and this weekend.
*I had a friend over on Friday night and that was fun. We sat on the patio in front of the wood stove and talked and laughed for hours. Sounds boring I know, but to me it was a high point.
*A sweet friend at work, after reading my blog and hearing that chocolate was my cure all for any discouragments in life, brought me a whole Halloween basket full of chocolates to the office. Yee Haw! (Oops, now my fitness trainer husband will know about my indulgences at work.) *This weekend was productive but calm and I enjoyed it a lot. I even took a nap on Saturday afternoon in my rocker.
*We have family coming to vistit mid-week and I'm looking forward to that.
*I cooked a successful dinner of beef stew and corn fritters on the fire last night and got an atta girl from Larry. All-in-all a good week.

It is supposed to rain tonight and tomorrow. I'll have leftover beef stew for dinner and hunker down in my tent with a book. The new one I'm reading is about a 50 year old woman who is a bee keeper and lives alone in a cabin in the Ozarks of Missouri. It's OK but too much detail about spiders and snakes that I'd rather not read about before I go to sleep in my tent - if ya know what I mean.
I have had 3 offers by friends to come over and bring food to me and sit around my fire. I must come across as destitute. No... they are just loving, generous people who want to observe this inigma in action - I tried to tell them It's really pretty boring. The most excitment I get is when the wind gusts up and tries to flap my outpost bath canvas screen while I'm enjoying my 2 gallon bath on the morning that the garbage men are hauling garbage from my curb about 50 feet away. WOOHOO!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I JUST COULDN'T DO IT. I NEVER WOULD HAVE EVEN THOUGHT OF IT.WE MAY BE SISTERS BUT YOU ARE DEFFINITELY CUT FROM DIFFERENT CLOTH. I THINK IT WAS ALL THAT SIDE STREAM SMOKE FROM THE FUNNY CIGARETS OF THE SIXTYS.BUT, I SAY GO FOR IT. AT LEAST YOU ARE IN A FAIRLY SAFE ENVIRONMENT, UNLIKE THOSE BEE-KEPPERS AND SHEPHEARDESSES YOU READ ABOUT.

HAVE YOU HAD ANY THREATS FROM THE NEIGHBORS?

LOVE YA, KID!