My Space

My Space
Inside my little tent

Planning & Preparing

I have spent the last 3 weeks planning and preparing for my outpost experiment.

The target date for beginning is October 1st, 2007

To prepare I have:


  • Learned to use only 2 gallons of water for bathing.

  • Heated my bath and laundry water in pots on the stove (the electric stove for now)

  • Washed all my laundry outdoors using a washtub and scrub board, the dried it all on a clothesline.

  • Use only candles at night for preparing for bed and reading before sleep.

  • Purchased equipment such as: flat irons for ironing clothes and a grill rack for cooking over an open fire

  • Gathered all equipment that I already had and cleaned and prepared it for use.

  • Began constructing my outdoor bath area

  • Level area for tent.

I plan to use some borrowed outdoor canopy-type structures and some mosquito netting to fix up an area for food preparation, eating and relaxing.


I also need to improve my fire pit area.

No comments: